Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Playful Pop Wildfire


One part island music, one part 1950-esque pop.  That’s the best way I can describe Babeshadow.  Upon first listening to these guys, it quickly became apparent that their sporty rhythms were hypnotic and highly addictive.  Nothing screams “Listen to me!” like a band whose sound is refreshingly bold.  I believe that comes from not giving into the fear of being original and straying away from materializing mainstream music for the sake of popularity.  Pardon the name drop, but, to me, Babeshadow is undeniably Dog is Dead's doppelganger.  I give these guys two thumbs up and permanent residency on my iPod.  I recommend you do the same.  Also, don’t forget to check out Babeshadow on Facebook and MySpace.  As always, I would to hear what you, the readers, think about the artists on Clandestine Bands.



No comments:

Post a Comment